The video starts off in a realistic depiction of childhood with her beautiful young “fly pinay queen” mom braiding her hair, leading to her E.T. biker gang riding up to beauty store heaven and ends in a fairy land that’s reminicent of their animated video below. It’s full of creativity, glamour & over the top styling. Everything we love above Ate Icy is in this video. Watch, comment & share:
Watch the animated lyric video below:
What’s hot this week on TAYO:
1. Disney’s tearjerking UK Pasko commercial featuring a Lola & her granddaughter making parols like she used to when she was younger.
2. Miss Teen USA is a Filipina from Hawaii, a pre-med student. Miss USA runner up is Filipina Miss Idaho.
3. Babies AJ & Boston search for Filipino stem cel donors. Visit blood.ca/en to see if you are a potential match.
4. myx rebrand & relaunch celebrating the next generation of Filipino artists & creatives with new programming like TAYO News, Filgrimage, & digital platforms Twitch, kumu & Amazon.
5. NEW MUSIC: Ken San Jose “Halma” Saweetie & Jhene Aiko “Back to the Streets” for more follow: @tayo_news on social media.
Download/Stream Back to the Streets (feat. Jhené Aiko) here:
ICYMI Watch our Saweetie interview where she talked about her grandma’s Filipino nickname for her, where she wanted to visit in the Philippines and what she has planned next. You can also catch her eating adobo & pancit with her “Pinay Queen” here.
Diamanté Quiava Valentin Harper (born July 2, 1994), known professionally as Saweetie (/səˈwiːti/), is an American rapper. After the release of her debut single, “Icy Grl”, she was signed to Warner Records and her manager Max Gousse’s record label Artistry Worldwide. She released her debut extended play, High Maintenance, on March 16, 2018. Her second EP Icy was released in March 2019, and spawned the hit single “My Type.” Her debut album, Pretty Bitch Music is expected to be released in 2020 and was preceded by the single “Tap In.”