1MX will be the first Asian music festival to ever take place at Budweiser Stage, with performances from Dabin, UMI, Ben&Ben, thuy, Guapdad 4000, BGYO, Justin Park, DJ Tilt, DJ Jayemkayem and DJ Hedspin.
The festival shines a light on the music and food that defines Asian youth culture, bringing
together both local and international talent
Tickets start at $98.50 CA (including taxes and service fees) and are available now at
TORONTO, July 13, 2023 /CNW/ – After successful runs in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Manila and most recently London, renowned global Asian music celebration 1MX Music Festival will make its North American debut on Sunday, September 10, taking over the iconic Budweiser Stage in Toronto. The traveling showcase brings together the best in Asian food and music. International sensations UMI, Ben&Ben, thuy, Guapdad 4000, BGYO and Justin Park will all take the stage for the Toronto stop, along with JUNO-nominated headliner Dabin, and fellow Canadian DJs, DJ Jayemkayem, DJ Tilt and DJ Hedspin.
1MX Toronto Music Festival (CNW Group/1MX Music Festival)
“We are excited to bring the first ever 1MX Music Festival in North America to the city of Toronto on September 10 at Budweiser Stage,” said Jun del Rosario, Managing Director, ABS-CBN International – North and Latin America. “We want to host this family-friendly event as a way of bringing the community together for a day filled with world-class entertainment from Asian music artists mixed with other international performers. We eagerly look forward to this special celebration of music and culture.”
1MX features a tightly curated line-up of established and emerging Asian artists excelling in their genres and on track to becoming some of the next biggest acts in the world:
- Dabin is a JUNO-nominated music producer from Toronto that has made a lasting impact on the electronic music scene. Known for his signature blend of acoustic and electronic elements, Dabin captivates audiences with his dynamic live shows.
- UMI is a trailblazer in the R&B and neo-soul space, having captured audiences with her honest lyrics and healing sonics. The 23-year-old Seattle native embodies girl power, leading an all-female band and promoting uplifting personal connection in her music.
- Ben&Ben is a renowned Filipino folk-pop band that has been recognized as Spotify’s Most Streamed Artist in the Philippines. Their captivating music fuses electronic and acoustic instruments with poignant and truthful storytelling to create a truly mesmerizing musical experience.
- thuy is a rising independent recording artist and songwriter with over 150 million global streams to-date. The LA-based artist has made waves in the modern R&B scene with her angelic vocals and skillful songwriting that gives audiences music they can relate to.
- Guapdad 4000 is a Grammy-nominated artist hailing from West Oakland with an unstoppable momentum. His unique blend of charisma, lyricism and creativity, along with his electrifying live performances, have solidified his position as a rising star.
- BGYO have emerged as trailblazing forces in the Philippine music scene, rising to the top of the P-POP genre. Gelo, Akira, JL, Mikki and Nate have uplifted their exceptional talent and Filipino pride to win over audiences globally and garner a collection of awards and recognition.
- Justin Park is a Korean-American R&B sensation that has seized hearts with his soulful voice. The LA-based artist has achieved critical acclaim and international attention from his addictive music and shoutouts from BTS’s Jungkook along with top publications.
- DJ Tilt is a genre-bending music connoisseur that continues to elevate the music scene with his unparalleled talent. From Toronto to New York, his infectious energy and versatile mixes have made him a favourite among private clients and prestigious brands and events, including the Google Inaugural Ball for President Barack Obama to name just one
- DJ Jayemkayem has solidified her reputation as one of Canada’s top open format selectors with the ability to energize diverse crowds. The Calgary-born and Toronto-based DJ has travelled the world and performed her undeniable talent alongside artists such as Majid Jordan and Skepta.
- DJ Hedspin is a Toronto-born artist and DJ that has proven himself as a true standout in the game. He is the World Champion of the Red Bull Thre3Style Competition and is renowned for his exceptional technical skills and energetically liberating live shows.
A truly immersive experience for all the senses, 1MX Toronto will also spotlight authentic Asian eats in partnership with food vendors from the GTA. Stay tuned for lineup and menu details later on this summer.
The most recent edition of 1MX took place on Saturday, July 8, 2023 in London for the second consecutive year, attracting thousands of festival-goers from various parts of Europe and beyond. Audiences raved for the eclectic line-up of artists that blended must-know emerging and established Filipino talents with international acts, including Ben&Ben, Yuna, Moira, Johnny Orlando, Maymay, Tiny Umbrellas and DJ Clara Rosa. Images from the show can be found here.
Connect with 1MX Music Festival on socials:
Tags: #1MXTOR #1MXToronto #1MXMusicFestival
About MYX Global
MYX Global is a premier media and entertainment company that celebrates the diverse voices and talents of the global Filipino and Asian community. With a mission to empower, inspire, and connect Filipinos and Asians worldwide, MYX Global delivers engaging content, showcases emerging artists, and provides a platform for authentic cultural representation. Through its music, lifestyle, and entertainment channels, MYX Global creates a dynamic and inclusive space for the new generation to express themselves and connect with their heritage.
About ABS-CBN Global
ABS-CBN Global is a leading media and entertainment company at the forefront of connecting and engaging with the global Filipino community. With a rich legacy spanning decades, ABS-CBN Global is committed to delivering innovative content and experiences that reflect the diverse Filipino culture and ignite a sense of belonging. Through its various platforms, including television networks, digital channels, and events, ABS-CBN Global reaches millions of Filipinos worldwide, providing a vital link to their homeland and fostering a strong sense of community. With a deep understanding of the Filipino diaspora, ABS-CBN Global continues to evolve and innovate, connecting Filipinos across borders and celebrating their unique stories and contributions on a global stage.
For more information and to buy tickets, visit https://www.1musicx.com/
Ben&Ben, Moira, Janine Berdin and Maymay to perform with Yuna, Johnny Orlando and Clara Rosa on July 8 at Dockyards London
LONDON, June 8, 2023 – As giant music festivals around the world are fast becoming more identical in look, sound, feel and high-ticket prices, niche music festivals that mostly offer one-day fests of dedicated themes are now growing rapidly in popularity.
“1MX London Music Festival 2023” -- scheduled this July 8, Saturday, at the new outdoor venue Dockyards in East London’s historic Royal Docks –- is one of the ultra-cool smaller festivals that are finding global audiences. A globetrotting festival brand highlighting Asian artists and has travelled to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, and Manila, 1MX made its debut in London in 2022 mixing Filipino headliners with U.K.-based Asian music artists. The very encouraging reception led to this year’s return to the city with a top-notch cast to perform live in one of the world’s hottest music venues.
Headlining “1MX London Music Festival 2023” at the Dockyards is the following combustible line-up of exciting Filipino and international artists:
- Ben&Ben – This talented folk-pop band from the Philippines has been wowing audiences since 2017 with chart-topping hits like “Kathang Isip” and “Maybe the Night,” to name a few. They were named Spotify’s Most Streamed Artist in the Philippines in 2020 and won numerous awards. With a unique approach to songwriting, all band members of Ben&Ben collaborate on each song’s lyrics and music. They combine electric and acoustic instruments, such as violins and guitars, to create their distinctive sound.
- Yuna – This award-winning Pop R&B artist from Kuala Lumpur known for her jazz-inflected style rose to prominence in 2008 with her breakthrough hit, “Deeper Conversation” which won Best Song at the Malaysian equivalent of the Grammys. She has recorded with international music names Jhene Aiko, Usher, and Pink Sweat$, played festivals such as with Lollapalooza, Camp Flog Gnaw, charted in the Billboard U.S R&B charts, performed on popular talk shows like Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and Late Night with Seth Myers, and produced hits that earned raves from big music industry publications.
- Moira - This multi-awarded singer-songwriter and the Philippines’ Most Streamed Filipina Artist for six consecutive years has been making it as one of the most successful Filipino singer-songwriters in recent years. She dropped hit after hit to the adoration of millions of fans worldwide. Moira’s achievements continued to soar as she held her first sold-out concert, “Tagpuan,” which featured her hit singles “Malaya” and “Tagpuan.” This year she was able to reach a milestone with more than 1.2 billion streams on Spotify, solidifying her position as the Filipina voice of this generation. Her album “Malaya” was certified 8× Platinum.
- Johnny Orlando – Toronto-born singer-songwriter Johnny Orlando is this generation’s rising pop superstar impacting a global music stage. Orlando has amassed over 2 billion streams, and a social media following of over 28 million+ engaged fans worldwide. At 20 years of age, Orlando’s music has generated over 2 billion global streams and acclaim from the likes of Billboard, Variety, Paper, Teen Vogue, and more. Along the way, Orlando garnered nominations for Breakthrough Artist of the Year & Pop Album of the Year at JUNO Awards, as well as three consecutive wins for Best Canadian Act at the MTV European Music Awards.
- Janine Berdin – She is a multi-talented Filipino artist who skyrocketed to stardom after winning the grand championship of the popular singing competition, Tawag ng Tanghalan, on It’s Showtime. In 2018, Berdin signed with TNT Records under Star Music, where she released her carrier single “Biyaya,” written by Chochay Magno. Her participation in the TNT All-Star Showdown at the Araneta Coliseum drew massive crowds and fanfare, cementing her status as one of the headlining performers. She also won the Star Music Listeners Choice Award and 4th best song for the Himig Handog 2018 P-Pop Love Songs for her rendition of “Mas Mabuti Pa.” Her success continued as her 2022 single with Adie, “Mahika,” peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Philippines Songs chart,
- Maymay – She is a Filipina actress, singer, host, and model who won hearts and emerged as Pinoy Big Brother: Lucky 7 Big Winner in 2017. After her TV debut, Maymay signed a recording contract with Star Music and launched her eponymous debut album at a star-studded Skydome event. The album received gold and platinum certifications from the Philippine Association of Record Industry. Maymay is also a fashion icon and an accomplished host. In 2018, she made history as the first Filipina to walk the runway during the Arab Fashion Week strutting clothes by the famous Filipino designer Furne One Amato of Amato Couture in Dubai. Today, Maymay is a rising star in the music industry. She has been nominated in the Best Asia Act category at the 2022 MTV EMA for her hit song “Amakabogera.”
- Clara Rosa – Born in the Philippines but raised in the U.K., DJ Clara Rosa’s multi-cultural upbringing birthed a unique blend of musical influences to her sets. Also an instrumentalist and music producer, her sets are characterized by a fusion of genres that include Amapiano, Baile Funk, Dance Funk House, UKG, Jersey Club and Latin Urbano. The sets bring the rhythms and melodies of her cultural roots with the contemporary sounds of the London club scene, creating an electric atmosphere that keeps the dance floor moving.
“1MX is not here to overwhelm you or overload your senses like in giant music festivals; 1MX is a compact Asian music bowl of a festival seasoned with global flavors, served in the right amounts,” said ABS-CBN Global Head of Events Joseph Arnie Garcia, also concurrently ABS-CBN Managing Director for Europe, Middle East and North Africa.
Garcia added: “Our format is straightforward: exciting established and emerging Filipino artists mixed with equally exciting established and emerging international acts. Combine this clear talent showcase with the local cultural offerings of food, drinks, and the like and you have a guaranteed memorable, delightful, connected and more fulfilling one music experience.”
To buy tickets now to 1MX Music Festival in London 2023, visit https://www.seetickets.com/event/1mx-london-2023/dockyards/2627943
Visit the official website for more info: http://1musicx.com/