Need something to add to your watchlist this week? Tune in to Disney+ and catch the episode of Marvel Studios’ Assembled: The Making of Hawkeye. The hour-long episode takes you behind the scenes with the actors, crew, and production heads in creating this action-packed series.
Hailee Steinfeld plays Kate Bishop and is the younger, eager partner of the veteran Avenger, Hawkeye played by Jeremy Renner. Catch Hailee Steinfeld share her experience and training regime in becoming Kate Bishop. Did you know that Marvel executive, Kevin Feige immediately had Hailee in mind for Kate? They talk about how it all happened over one meeting.
Wonder how they pulled off that Christmas tree stunt in Times Square? Find out how the production crew rebuilt the set and brought the snowy Christmas spirit to Atlanta! Go beyond the bow and see how Hailee works her way into the Marvel universe with guidance from a legendary Avenger.
Cover Photo Credit: Hailee Steinfeld Instagram
This week’s MYX News Hot List, new episodes weekly at www.myx.global/myxnews.
1. MYX MUSIC: Zephanie Breaks Into The Charts – Idol Philippines’ Winner Zephanie Dimaranan just released her self-titled debut album. The 11-track album hit the top of the Itunes Philippines chart.
2. MYX MUSIC: P-pop Alert! VXON Arrives on the Scene – Cornerstone Entertainment’s official boy group VXON has finally arrived and they’re ready to hype up the stage! Listen to their debut single, “The Beast“.
3. MYX ENTERTAINMENT: MCU’s Pinay Widow: Yssa Mei Panganiban – Disney+’s “Hawkeye” introduces Sonya, a Pinay Black Widow played by Yssa Mei Panganiban.
4. MYX MUSIC: Ylona Entertains in 2022 – Ylona Garcia has kicked off 2022 with a bang by releasing her latest track, “Entertain Me“. The song is also featured on Valorant as it launches its new Pinay character, Agent Neon.
5. MYX COMMUNITY: MYX #OperationOdette Breaks 1M PHP – Our #OperationOdette stretch goal has been made! Ffter the success of the first two-day twitch fundraiser, we decided to put on a house music DJ edition fundraising stream to help us reach an extended goal of 20,000 US dollars.
From all of us here at MYX, Salamat po!
If you’d been following Marvel’s Phase 4 closely, you’d been binging on movies and shows like us! The latest series that aired was Hawkeye starring Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye/Clint Barton and Fil-Am Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop. The tie-in film to the series is Black Widow where Florence Pugh’s character Yelena returns in a hunt for Hawkeye.
Yssa Mei Panganiban appears on Episode 5 of Hawkeye and plays another Black Widow. She accompanies Yelena on a rescue mission as they try to save widows who have been brainwashed. It’s a quick scene but more than the cool stunts and fights she got to do, Panganiban explains it’s the representation on-screen that matters most.
In an interview with The Illuminerdi, she talked about what it was like working with Florence Pugh and where else she’d like to see Sonya pop-in within the Marvel universe. Panganiban votes for Shang-Chi since her widow training would fit right in with the martial arts. We think it’s a perfect match!
Marvel has added a lot more diversity in their projects and we’re seeing more and more Filipinos on the roster. In the MCU alone, there’s Dave Bautista as Drax The Destroyer, Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds, Mary Rivera as Ned’s Lola, and Ayla Perez as the diplomat/pilot in Falcon and The Winter Soldier.
“Oh, It feels like a blessing, really. I like to say that we’re in a Renaissance right now for, um, AAPI representation, but particularly Filipina representation. I mean, it’s evident in the Marvel universe, the Marvel Cinematic Universe right now. We’re really making our way in and to be one of the people that’s kind of spearheading that it feels really, really, really good. – Yssa Mei Panganiban
Cover Photo Credit: Yssa Mei Panganiban Instagram
The best gifts during the holiday season usually come with a bow. In this case, a bow and arrow. Before stepping out for the MET Gala, Hailee Steinfeld stepped out as Kate Bishop in the first look of Marvel Studios’ Hawkeye. A Disney+ original series following suit of record-breaking shows like WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye is sure to hit its target.
In the trailer, Clint Barton (aka Hawkeye aka Ronin) is on the run and teams up with Kate Bishop just as all of Barton’s enemies are in New York to stop him from enjoying a happy Christmas family reunion. Hailee Steinfeld’s new character, Kate Bishop is an eager and talented archer who looks to get some tips from the OG Avenger himself, Jeremy Renner‘s Clint Barton. Count on an action packed series with sprinkles of comedy… “There are more arrows dangerous than that one?”
The 8-episode series follows Clint training Kate to take over the mantle of Hawkeye. Could this be another hint to the Young Avengers and a larger future for Hailee in the MCU? Hawkeye also stars Florence Pugh (Black Widow) as Yelena Belova who’s mission is to track down Clint Barton, laqua Cox as Maya Lopez (aka Echo), a young Deaf woman who can mimic people’s movements, and Vera Farmiga as Eleanor Bishop, Kate Bishop’s mother.
Hawkeye premieres on Disney+ November 24th kicking off the best of time of year!
Cover Photo Credit: Hailee Steinfeld Twitter